If you are looking to reload money on your HDFC Forex Card, follow this easy guide. HDFC offers various convenient options to load money on HDFC forex card, the majority being online ways which can be performed from anywhere.
To reload your HDFC Forex Card, use any of the following options:
- Option 1- Reload your forex card using Forex / Prepaid Card Netbanking- Login with User ID as Card Number and IPIN as password
- Option 2- Normal HDFC Netbanking (if Forex Card is linked to HDFC Bank Account)
- Option 3- At HDFC Bank Branch using forex card reload request form
You can check the detailed guide on how to reload the forex card using any of the above ways.
Way 1- Reload HDFC Forex Card using Forex / Prepaid Card Netbanking
Steps to be followed:
Step 1- Login at HDFC Bank website by selecting option HDFC Bank Forex/Prepaid login.
Step 2- Enter your Card No. as User ID and IPIN /Password (provided in HDFC Welcome Kit) to access the card netbanking page. Note that this login is separate from Bank account and exclusively to access Forex Card Netbanking options.
Step 3- Enter the currency and amount of your choice using the option of HDFC Forex Card Reload.
Way 2: Reload HDFC Forex Card using Normal HDFC NetBanking
If you are an HDFC Bank saving account holder, you can reload your HDFC Forex card even by using HDFC normal net banking. This works if you have linked the HDFC Forex Card to your HDFC bank account. The forex card is usually auto-linked to your customer ID when you applied for HDFC forex card as an HDFC bank customer.
For this option
- Login to your HDFC Bank account using your bank account customer id and password.
- Click on the “Cards” tab and select the option Prepaid Cards which will be shown on the left of the screen.
- You will see an option to reload your HDFC Forex Cards (Forex Card linked to the Bank account is shown here) under “Requests” Tab
- Select the currency and amount to be reloaded
Way 3: Reload HDFC Forex Card at HDFC Bank Branch
To reload your HDFC Forex Card through this option, you need to fill and submit a Forex Card Reload Form along with either Cheque Payment or instruction to directly debit your HDFC Bank Account at any of HDFC Bank branches.
You can download the Reload Form here. You can also request this form at the HDFC branch.
Fill in the details on the form like your Name, Type of Forex Card, Card No., Purpose of Travel, amount and currency to be reloaded, cheque no. (can be HDFC or non-HDFC account cheque) or HDFC bank account no. (for direct debit instruction).
Make sure you enter the details in the form correctly especially the forex card number.
This option is usually more time consuming than the online options.
Related Queries on reloading HDFC Forex Card
How long does it take to get the amount reloaded on HDFC Forex Card?
HDFC Forex card reload request usually gets processed in one working day, if done physically at the Bank Branch. On the other hand, if done online, you can get the card reloaded instantly through Prepaid NetBanking. Sometimes it may take up to 4-5 hours
What is the maximum amount that can be reloaded in HDFC Forex Card?
The Maximum value of Forex that can be loaded on the card will be in line with the limits specified under FEMA basis purpose of travel.
You should note the following scenarios in which the reload request can be rejected and money will be credited back to your account:
- If it is observed that the amount of Foreign currency applied by you is not in line with FEMA guidelines.
- If the purpose of travel selected by you does not match with the purpose for which the Forex card has been issued
What are the charges for reloading the HDFC Forex Card?
Reload Fee for ForexPlus card, ForexPlus Chip Card, ForexPlus Platinum Card & Multicurrency ForexPlus card: Rs. 75 + Applicable Taxes.
Currencies available for reload include:
The exchange rate that will be applied for the forex purchase you can confirm with the Bank.
Applicable charges including Foreign Currency Conversion Service Tax will be debited from your account on the next working day from the date of placing a request.
What are some FEMA regulations for Forex Purchase-Reload?
The total amount of foreign exchange purchased from or remitted through all sources in India during the financial year needs to be within the overall limit of USD 250,000/-(US Dollar Two hundred and Fifty Thousand only), which is the limit prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India for the purpose.
You also need to certify that the sources of funds for making the said remittance belong to you and the foreign exchange will NOT be used for prohibited purposes.
Also, you need to declare the Foreign exchange purchased from Bank is for the purpose indicated in the form
A declaration to this effect is a part of the HDFC Reload Request Form, called A-2 declaration.
Connecting with HDFC Forex Card Customer Care
In case you face any issue in reloading your HDFC Forex Card, you can also contact HDFC Bank Customer Care
You can contact HDFC Bank Customer Care Forex Card at following number HDFC Customer Care: 022 (or your STD code)-61606161 and use their Interactive Voice Response options.
Select the below IVR options to get in touch with Forex Card India Customer Care:
- For details of bank account, credit card or loans or any other services, Dial 1
- For Loans, Demat/Prepaid /Forex Cards, MFs- Dial 3
- For Prepaid/Forex Card- Dial 3
Enter your prepaid/forex card no. at this stage.
In case you don’t enter your card no. within a reasonable time, the call will directly get transferred to their customer care executive.
Some of the offers currently on HDFC Forex Card (please confirm details on HDFC Bank website)
- Win a Fossil smart watch on being the top loader of the day*
- Kindle unlimited membership on loading $2500 or more*
- Ola Voucher of Rs. 800 (Rs. 400 X 2) and Rs. 1200 (Rs. 600 X 2), on loading USD 1000 and USD 2000 (equivalent in other currencies), respectively
- Get Complementary MMTBLACK Membership-an invite-only loyalty programme
- Get 20 Paise cheaper exchange rate on loading/ reloading of ForexPlus card through online channels
Offers on MakeMyTrip
- INR 2000 instant discount on International flight bookings of INR 10,000 and above
- INR 2500 instant discount on International hotel bookings of INR 10,000 and above
- INR 500 discount on domestic flight round trips of INR 3000 and above
- Instant discount of 25% on domestic hotel bookings of INR 10,000 and above
- Instant discount of 25% on booking online holidays
- Get 10X Reward Points on loading/reloading $1000 or more with HDFC Bank Credit Card
- Get flat Rs 1000 cashback points on loading /reloading ForexPlus card with minimum load value of Rs. 1 Lakh on HDFC Bank Debit Card
- Issuance Fee Waiver on minimum loading of USD 1000(or equivalent currency)
- Load/Reload with USD 1500 or more and get Rs. 1000 BookMyShow voucher
- Load/Reload more than USD 1000 to USD 1500 and get Rs. 500 BookMyShow voucher
Check the Balance on Forex Card
You can also check an easy guide on how to check your HDFC Forex Card Balance. This post provides in-depth information on how you can check the balance available on your HDFC Forex Card.
Let me know your preferred way to reload your HDFC Forex Card.
I am a blogger and on this website, I share helpful information on products and services I personally use.