If you are looking to get a passbook for your HDFC saving or current account, here is an easy guide to help you with this.
How to get passbook from HDFC
To get the passbook from HDFC, you can use any of the ways below:
- Way 1- You can get the passbook from any of the HDFC Bank Branches by submitting the application form.
- Way 2- Use HDFC mPassbook app to view digital passbook on your mobile
- Way 3- Use HDFC nebanking to get bank statement details
Way 1 – Get passbook issued at HDFC Bank Branch
You can follow the procedure below to request for a new passbook from HDFC Bank or to get your passbook re-issued you have lost the old one:
- Fill the respective application form available at HDFC Branch. You can even download the form from HDFC Bank website.
- Sign the filled application form and submit it at your nearest branch to get your new passbook issued.
Way 2- Use HDFC mPassbook app to view digital passbook on your mobile
You can also get Mobile passbook called “mPassbook” using HDFC Mobile Banking.
It is a new feature in the HDFC Bank MobileBanking App. Using this app, you can get your updated passbook details on your mobile phone. No need for you to visit the bank branch.
mPassbook is a great way to get regular transaction updates on your Savings or Current Account. You even get a summary of your Recurring and Fixed Deposits on it.
What is more that the mPassbook can be viewed even when you are off-line.
It even allows you to categorize your transactions and track your income expenses.
mPassbook is currently available for Android and iOS users only.
- Open HDFC Mobile App, and in the pre-login section you will see the mPassbook feature.
- Complete one-time registration, to start using the mPassbook feature.
With this feature you can keep a track of all transactions and view them at any time..
You can also set a short password called as “Quick Access Pin” which is convenient way to access the passbook on mobile.
Way 3- Use HDFC Bank Netbanking to get bank statement (in place of passbook)
If you are just looking to get bank statement, you can download the same using HDFC netbanking. Follow the steps below:
You can download and print the past two years’ bank account statements by following the steps below
- Login to NetBanking with your HDFC Customer ID and password
- Click on the ‘Request’ option on the left side of home screen (after logging in)
- You will see an option to ‘Download Historical Statement’
- Select the required months or year for which statement is required
- Download the statement using any one of the available file formats which are Excel, PDF etc.
You can also raise a request online for a physical bank statement to be delivered to your registered address. The steps for requesting a physical bank statement are below:
- Login to NetBanking using HDFC customer ID and Password
- Select ‘Account Statement’ under the ‘Request’ option on the left hand side
- You can then select the Account Number and period of the statement requested
- Click on ‘Continue’ and ‘Confirm’, and the account statement will be delivered to your registered address within 4 working days
In this way, you can get your HDFC passbook or bank statement with any of these options.
If you just want to view your bank transactions in the passbook, then the HDFC mPassbook is suggested. It is a really easy way to track your bank transactions on mobile and stay updated with your balance.
However, if you are not that tech savvy or require a physical passbook, then you can go for the option 1.
I am a blogger and on this website, I share helpful information on products and services I personally use.